The Primary Point Person role is the highest "Admin" level of access a church leader can be given for their church. In this article, we'll review the main permissions this CarePortal role has as well as the kind of soft skills and characteristics that set these leaders up for success in this role for their congregation. This article also includes a printable one-pager with this material.
Included in This Article
- How CarePortal Works: Overview (3-min video)
- Primary Point Person CarePortal Permissions & Responsibilities
- Common Skills & Characteristics for a Primary Point Person
- Downloadable One-Pager Role Description
How CarePortal Works: Overview
Primary Point Person CarePortal Permissions & Responsibilities
- Primary point of contact for the local CarePortal expert (implementing partner)
- Considered the church's account "admin"
- Is assigned and/or changed by the Regional Manager or Ambassador of a Local Network
- Sole access to church's Settings tab, which includes:
- Uploading logo/updating church information
- Adding/editing church leaders
- Customizing member approval options
- Becoming a Connecting Church
- Requesting CarePortal Card(s)
- Learn more about Church Settings here
- Copied on all church responses to requests (other team leaders as well)
- Creates and oversees Response Teams (other church leaders as well)
- Learn more about adding, building, and managing response teams here
- Team Leader for church's "Default Response Team" (can add others)
- Default Church Needs Leader to allow Church-Entered Needs (can add others and/or be replaced) - Learn more about Church-Entered Needs
Common Skills & Characteristics for a Primary Point Person
The list below includes some soft skills and highly valued characteristics of a successful point person for a church. This list is not meant to be a checklist to grade someone against but rather a guide that may help you approach the right person at your church to serve in this way.
- Comfortable with technology (training videos are available, like these)
- Champions their church's vision with the CarePortal platform and sees the natural tie between this work and discipleship
- Values delegation and equipping others to get involved (inside and outside the church)
- Organized and flexible multi-tasker
- Thoughtful communicator with an eye for connection with diverse groups
Downloadable One-Pager Role Description
|Click the image to access a downloadable, printable one-pager with the content included in this article|
Please sign in to leave a comment.