This article covers how a Connecting Church can commit to meeting a request that has been responded to by a Community Responder.
Connecting Churches: Family Advocate & Primary Point Person
- Your Church must be an Approved Connecting Church
- A Community Responder has responded to a request within your Connecting Church Radius
Who is a Community Responder?
Anyone that is not associated with a CarePortal church that responds to a need.
- When a Community Responder responds to a request, an email is sent to the Family Advocate & Primary Point Person of the Connecting Church(es) in that area.
- The Family Advocate or Primary Point Person for the Connecting Church will click Engage Community Responder in the email.
- The request page will open within the CarePortal interface. If not logged in you will be prompted to enter your login credentials.
- Click the Engage Community Responder button in the upper left hand corner of the request page
- Read what Engaging the Community means and confirm that your church understands the responsibilities. After confirming you will have the ability to message the Community Responder, Community, and the Agency Worker.
- The Community Responder, Community, and the Agency Worker will receive an email will your message letting them know that you will be in touch with them shortly. You will be provided with their email & phone number to initiate contact.
- The case worker will receive your message letting them know you are willing to help meet the need. You will work with the case worker on behalf of the community responder to help meet the need.
- Coordinate with the case worker & the community responder to ensure the need is met!