This article discusses how a church can apply to become a Connecting Church.
Churches: Primary Point Person, Church Leaders
Included in this Article
- Review Should My Church Become a Connecting Church? and be sure to watch the training videos.
How Does My Church Apply to be a Connecting Church?
- Log in as the Primary Point Person
- Click on Settings
- Scroll to the bottom to Church Leaders Section
- Click on the "+Add New Leader" button next to “Church Leaders” to add at least one Connecting Church Leader
- The Connecting Church Leader(s) can be the current Primary Point Person and/or another individuals at your church who would like to lead and help your church make more connections in the community
- Scroll up to the “Become a Connecting Church” option and turn the setting “On”
- Click the “Save” button.
What happens next?
- A CarePortal Regional Manager will be in contact with your church to provide additional details about becoming a Connecting Church and provide further training, including how you will be able to claim community resources for requests.
- Once the Regional Manager has approved your request you will receive an email notification letting you know that you are now active in CarePortal as a Connecting Church. (Note: Your Connecting Church setting will now show an "Approved" badge. This badge will stay even if you decide to turn the Connecting Church setting off for a season.)
- Request a CarePortal Card for at least one of your Connecting Church Leaders to allow Community Responders the additional option of simply funding requests directly through the CarePortal platform.