This article discusses how a church can apply to become a Connecting Church.
Churches: Primary Point Person, Church Leaders
Included in this Article
- Review Should My Church Become a Connecting Church? and be sure to watch the training videos.
How Does My Church Apply to be a Connecting Church?
- Log in as the Primary Point Person
- Click on Settings
- Scroll to the bottom to Church Leaders Section
- Click on the "+Add New Leader" button next to “Church Leaders” to add at least one Connecting Church Leader
- The Connecting Church Leader(s) can be the current Primary Point Person and/or another individuals at your church who would like to lead and help your church make more connections in the community
- Scroll up to the “Become a Connecting Church” option and turn the setting “On”
- Click the “Save” button.
What happens next?
- A CarePortal Regional Manager will be in contact with your church to provide additional details about becoming a Connecting Church and provide further training, including how you will be able to claim community resources for requests.
- Once the Regional Manager has approved your request you will receive an email notification letting you know that you are now active in CarePortal as a Connecting Church. (Note: Your Connecting Church setting will now show an "Approved" badge. This badge will stay even if you decide to turn the Connecting Church setting off for a season.)
- Request a CarePortal Card for at least one of your Connecting Church Leaders to allow Community Responders the additional option of simply funding requests directly through the CarePortal platform.
Please sign in to leave a comment.