This article provides an in-depth review of the settings available for churches in their CarePortal dashboards. To access church settings, the Primary Point Person will login to CarePortal and click on the Settings tab in the left menu.
CarePortal Churches: Primary Point Person
Included in This Article
- Church Information & Demographics
- Using Church-Entered Needs
- Upgrading to a Connecting Church
- Adding or Removing Church Leaders & Roles
- Response Team Settings
Church Information & Demographics
- Church Name
The name of your church as it appears here will be exactly how your church name is displayed throughout your CarePortal dashboard, Public Page, Responder Sign-Up Form, and when someone from your church responds to a request. Your church's initial Response Team will use this name as well until someone changes the team name.
- Physical Address
The address you enter will be used to determine which approved CarePortal requests you'll receive a notification for. Each individual response team can change this address to be a different location so they get notified of different requests.
- Phone & Website Information
This information may be used by your local network leaders to provide support to you and your leaders.
- Affiliation, Average Attendance, Location Type & Economic Conditions
The selections you choose here do not influence how you use the CarePortal platform in any way, but they allow network leaders to identify trends and recognize opportunities to build diverse networks, making sure the whole Church and its many gifts and talents are represented.
- Church Logo
The image you select for your Church logo will automatically appear in several locations throughout your dashboard and use of the CarePortal platform, including your Public Landing Page and Responder Sign-Up Form. Each team has the ability to add their own logo in their own dashboards as well.
Using Church-Entered Needs
Required Leader Role: At Least One "Church Needs Leader"
This option will allow your church to submit needs into CarePortal, allowing your own response teams to serve and help. In order to turn this setting on, you will need to give the role of Church Needs Leader to one of your leaders. This role can be added to additional church leaders or changed at any time.
Once you turn this setting on, the person designated as your Church Needs Leader will be able to submit needs directly through their dashboard for team members to see and respond to. Church leaders with the roles of Primary Point Person, Pastor, and Connecting Church Leaders will also be able to submit needs from their dashboard that would need to be approved by the Church Needs Leader before they are sent to team members. You will also have the option to allow each approved response team member to enter needs, which would also need to be approved by the Church Needs Leader before alerting any other responders.
Upgrading to a Connecting Church
Required Leader Role: At Least One "Connecting Church Leader"
Approved Connecting Churches are positioned to use community responder resources to meet requests. This could include physical items offered or purchased by community members for a specific request as well as financial resources offered through the CarePortal platform (if your church has a CarePortal Card).
Once you enable and save this setting, your local network leaders will be alerted and asked to contact you to discuss next steps for completing some additional training and answering any remaining questions you have.
Adding or Removing Church Leaders & Roles
Church Leaders have designated roles to help manage your church and each of your teams within CarePortal. Please review this article for a breakdown of the available roles applicable to Church leaders.
Add a New Leader
- Click the "+ Add New Leader" button
- Enter their email to find them in the system (if they are a new user, you'll be directed to enter some basic information about them to add them into the system)
- Select the appropriate role for them and Save
Remove a Leader
- Click the trash can icon on the leader's profile card
- If no trash can icon appears, that means the leader currently holds a role that cannot be removed based on your settings such as Church-Entered Needs or Connecting Church (you would need to adjust those settings or add another person to the required role before removing the leader)
- The person serving as your church's Primary Point Person can only be removed by your local network leader
Edit a Leader's Information or Role
- Click the paper/pencil icon next on the leader's profile card
- Adjust their contact or profile settings as needed
- Add or remove roles as needed
Response Team Settings
To see more information regarding how you can customize the radius, member approval process, response process, and request type for each team, please see this article.