This article provides an in depth review of all the settings available for CarePortal Churches. To access Church settings the Primary Point Person will login to CarePortal and then click Settings in the left menu.
- CarePortal Churches: Primary Point Person
This Article Covers
- Modifying Church Contact Information & Demographics
- Adjusting Church Radius
- Auto Activate My Church
- Auto Approve Members
- Response Teams
- Respond To Point Person
- Upgrade to a Connecting Church
- Adding or Removing Church Leaders and Roles
Note: You will need to click save to apply any changes made on your settings page.
Modifying Church Contact Information & Demographics
At the top of the Church Settings page you can edit your Church name, address, phone and website information. You also have the ability to adjust the affiliation, average attendance, location type & economic conditions as well. These were question answered during your church's initial enrollment into CarePortal. Any of these can change over time so you have the ability to modify them from this settings page.
You also have the ability to upload a Church logo. To do so, click the "Choose File" button under the "Church Logo" section and select the logo you want to display on your church page.
Adjusting Church Radius
Churches have the ability to override the radius set by their local CarePortal expert for the county, which can restrict or expand the area where the church will receive requests from. If a church has more than one Response Team, each team can customize their own radius from their team settings page.
Churches can also select to receive requests from communities that are listed as Critical Need areas. When a church in a Critical Need area decides to Engage the Community on a local request, anyone who has associated themselves with that community will receive the invitation to partner with that church, including other church's point people. This allows churches to respond to needs outside their area, county, and even state by partnering with churches who are close to the family in need.
Auto Activate My Church
If you have uploaded Response Team members then enabling this feature can be a great asset is getting requests to your church members automatically. When this option is set to YES requests sent to your church are automatically sent out to your Response Team. Click here more information regarding Response Teams.
Auto Approve Members
This setting controls how members of your church can sign up to be a part of your response team. There are two ways that members can join your churches response team without being added by a Point Person.
- When a church member responds to a request they will be prompted to search for their church. If your church is already active within CarePortal they will be able to join your your response team based upon the auto approve settings you have selected.
- A church member can also visit your public CarePortal church page. This URL can be found on the dashboard for any Point Person or Pastor logged into CarePortal.
When either of the above options are used the Auto Approve Members option you have selected will be followed. Here is an explanation of the three choices:
Auto Approve Members set to:
- Yes - This option will allow anyone to join your response team simply by entering their email address and selecting your church. The primary point person will receive an email notifying them of the new response team member. If they do not recognize the individual, a Point Person can log in and remove the individual from their response team.
- No - When this option is selected, the primary point person will receive an email notifying them that someone would like to join your church's response team. This request must be approved by a point person before the individual will be able to respond to requests on behalf of your church.
- Custom Emails: You will notice that when you select "No" you enable the option to create Custom Emails. This option allows for you to customize the emails that go to your church response team applicants. This can be beneficial if you have additional requirements in place for individuals to join your response team (such as background checks). You can add the requirements to these email notifications to let your applicants know the steps they must taken in order to be approved to join your church's response team.
- With PP Email - This option will allow anyone to join your response team by entering their email address, selecting your church AND entering the email address of the primary point person for the church. This email address acts as a passcode that will allow your church members to join your church's response team. The primary point person will receive an email notifying them of the new response team member. If they do not recognize the individual, a Point Person can log in and remove the individual from their response team.
For all the information you need, check out our Response Team Article.
Respond to Point Person
If Respond to Point Person is set to Yes, all responses from your church's Response Team will go to the Primary Point Person. The Primary Point Person will need to collaborate those responses and then respond to the request to let the agency worker know your church is willing to help. The agency worker will not be notified unless the Primary Point Person responds.
If Respond to Point Person is set to No, all responses from your church's Response Team will go directly to the agency worker who submitted the request.
Upgrade to Connecting Church
This option will allow your church to become a Connecting Church. You will need to designate a Family Advocate & make sure your church meets the additional requirements as well. Please review the Should My Church Become a Connecting Church? article before enabling this option.
Enable Church Entered Needs
This option will allow your church to submit needs into CarePortal. Please review the Should My Church Use "Church-Entered Needs?" support article to see if this is a good option for your church to use! You must designate a Family Advocate in order to enable this option.
- Yes - This allows anyone on your response team to submit needs from your church's public request page
- Yes (Limited) - This option only allows for Church Leaders to submit needs. Churches are defaulted to this setting upon enrollment with the primary point person added as the initial family advocate.
- No - Your church will not be able to submit needs but will continue to receive requests submitted by CarePortal agencies
Adding or Removing Church Leaders and Roles
Church Leaders are going to be users that have designated roles to help manage your Church within CarePortal. Please review this article for a breakdown of the available roles applicable to Church leaders.
- To remove a role from a current leader, click the trash icon to the right of their phone number
- To edit a current user like adding a role or changing their contact information, click the paper/pencil edit icon next to the trash can and adjust those settings as needed.
- To add a new user, click the "Add New Leader" button
- Enter the email address of the new user.
- If they are in the system, you can select them from the drop down and the information we have on file for them should populate.
- If they are not in the system you will need to enter their first & last name and provide a phone number
- You will want to ensure the "System Email" box is checked in order for the user to receive email notifications regarding CarePortal requests
- Select the appropriate role for the user. Note: Currently, the role of Primary Point Person cannot be changed by the current Primary Point Person. Please reach out to your Regional Manager if you need the Primary Point Person changed.
- Click Continue to save the new user and verify that the changes show up in the Church Leader table
- Enter the email address of the new user.