Since the CarePortal team is all over the United States and other countries we constantly use Zoom to communicate and collaborate. This article includes some useful information to ensure that you and the individuals that you are meeting with have the best experience possible.
Important things to remember when using Zoom
- Always mute your audio when first joining a meeting
- If you are using video, ensure that you have good lighting & set up your camera so that it does not need to be moved throughout the meeting
- You can always go to http://zoom.us/test to join a test meeting to explore and try out any Zoom features
- When joining a Zoom meeting via phone use *6 to mute and unmute yourself
- If you are experiencing issues with the quality of the call you can turn off your video feed to increase the quality of the audio
- If you are joining via the Zoom mobile app you can always utilize Safe Driving Mode to disable video completely. This is great when joining Zoom meetings on the go in areas where you do not have the best reception or want to minimize the amount of data you are using.
Links to Zoom support articles
- How to Launch Zoom on Your Different Devices
- How Do I Join a Zoom Meeting?
- How Do I Schedule a Zoom Meeting?
- How Do I Share my Screen?
- Why am I seeing a "Please wait for the host to start this meeting" message?
- For additional information regarding using Zoom via phone click here
- Frequently asked questions for Zoom
- Other information regarding Zoom meetings & Zoom settings