This article provides instructions regarding closing or cancelling a CarePortal request as well as useful information regarding when to use each reason for closing.
Requesting Agency Leaders and Workers
Closing a CarePortal Request
- To close a request you can click the "Close Request" button in an email you've received regarding a response to the request or you can login to CarePortal directly.
- Click on "My Requests" or "Requests" in the left hand menu and click on the request you would like to close.
- When you click the "Close" button, a pop up will appear for you to select the appropriate "Reason for Closing". See below for a description of each option:
- Church/CarePortal Network Responded and Met the Need: This reason should be used anytime a request is met by someone responding through the CarePortal platform to your request. If you select this option, the list of churches that submitted a response to your request will automatically appear so you can identify the church(es) who helped meet the need.
- Partially Met by Church/CarePortal Network: Selecting this reason will allow you to update the items or amount given so the impact data will be accurate. This option is especially helpful for multi-family requests where a collection drive or other similar event was held and the quantity of items requested was an estimate.
- NON CarePortal Resources Came to Meet the Need: This reason should be used if the request is met via means outside of CarePortal.
- Time Has Passed and No Longer Relevant: This reason should be used if the request was not met and enough time has passed deeming the request no longer valid
- Other Reason: This reason should be used if the request if none of the other 3 options above are not applicable. Do not use this reason if you are cancelling the request.
- I Need to Cancel this Request: This reason should be used if you need to cancel this request. Request that are cancelled do not count in any calculations. Request could be cancelled for several reasons such as duplicate request, incorrect information or the request needs to be resubmitted for any reason.
- Next, you will need to provide a rating and a reason for the rating you have provided. All ratings are visible publicly on the CarePortal website. Optionally, you can share a story about how the request impacted you or the family that needed assistance. Please do not input any private information into this field.
- Click "Save" to close out the request.