This article provides instructions regarding closing or cancelling a CarePortal request as well as useful information regarding when to use each reason for closing.
Requesting Agency Leaders and Workers
Importance of Closing Requests
The CarePortal Essential Reading for Requesting Agencies, which new agencies must agree to, includes their commitment to close requests in a timely manner. Here are a couple of reasons why closing requests is important:
- When closing a request, agencies are asked to give a 1-5 star review. This provides helpful feedback and data for CarePortal on how an agency's experiences are using the platform.
- Closing a request also asks additional follow-up questions about long-term impact that only the agency knows.
How to Close a CarePortal Request
- To close a request you can click the "Close Request" button in an email you've received regarding a response to the request or you can login to CarePortal directly.
- Click on "My Requests" or "Requests" in the left hand menu and click on the request you would like to close.
- When you click the "Close" button, a pop up will appear for you to select the appropriate "Reason for Closing". See below for a description of each option:
Request Fully Met through CarePortal Network: This reason should be used anytime a request is met by someone responding through the CarePortal platform to your request. If you select this option, the list of churches that submitted a response to your request will automatically appear so you can identify the church(es) who helped meet the need.
Request Partially Met through CarePortal Network: Selecting this reason will allow you to update the items or amount given so the impact data will be accurate. This option is especially helpful for multi-family requests where a collection drive or other similar event was held and the quantity of items requested was an estimate.
Request Not Met through CarePortal Network: This reason should be used if the request is met via means outside of CarePortal, if time has passed and the request is no longer needed, or if you need to cancel the request.
- Next, you will need to provide a rating and a reason for the rating you have provided. All ratings are visible publicly on the CarePortal website. Optionally, you can share a story about how the request impacted you or the family that needed assistance. Please do not input any private information into this field.
- Click "Save" to close out the request.