“Church Entered Needs” is a CarePortal feature allowing churches to equip their own Response Teams with opportunities to share and meet needs beyond the CarePortal Requests submitted by local Requesting Agencies.
Churches: Primary Point Person, Pastors, Ministry Leaders
Included in This Article
- How Does This Benefit My Church?
- Need Entry Process
- What is Required to Activate "Church-Entered Needs"?
How Does This Benefit My Church?
- Better Serve Your Congregation: Strengthen your church’s wrap-around support for fostering, adopting and at-risk families in your congregation. Your Regional Manager can also approve your Church Entered Needs to escalate to other churches and people who care in your Active Community, creating access to resources you didn’t have before.
- Better Serve your Community: Empower your congregation to see needs around them and put them in CarePortal for the church body to help. Allow your community partners to submit needs that go to your church.
- Easily Track Impact and Engagement: Expand your community outreach ministries by using a scaleable and efficient platform that helps you get people involved, see their individual impact, and celebrate stories of impact with your congregation
Need Entry Process
- The Family Advocate can enter needs in the interface, which allows Response Team members to commit to each need as God moves them.
- Any Response Team member can enter a need from their Church Page, which is sent to the church’s Family Advocate for approval before the need is sent to other response team members to respond.
- Allow a child serving agency that your church is already partnered with (school,local non-profit, etc) to join your response team and enter needs.
What is Required to Activate "Church-Entered Needs"?
- Primary Point Person adds a leader with a “Family Advocate” role (this role can be added to an existing leader with a different role).
The Family Advocate can:
-Enter needs directly into the platform when logged into the interface.
-Edit & approve needs entered by Response Team members
-Track and manage the process when a member responds to the need
- Primary Point Person turns on the feature in the CarePortal Interface.
"Yes" means both Church Leaders and Response Team members can submit Needs.
"Yes (Limited)" means only a Church Leader can submit a Need.
- Share the opportunity for Response Team members to enter needs through the church page.