The local church is called upon in times of need to love your neighbor and support the most vulnerable. By enrolling in CarePortal, your church will receive local needs to support kids, families and individuals in times of global crisis. Needs could include:
- Support an Emergency Worker;
- Alleviate Food/Essentials Insecurity; and
- Stabilize Housing Insecurity.
Key Points to Church Influencers
Our nation is taking necessary shutdown measures to slow the spread of COVID-19. In the process, another surge is growing in strength: a household crisis attacking our most vulnerable children, families and elders, threatening a tsunami into our foster care system.
The Church – through Her network of 350,000 plus congregations and parishes – is the greatest grassroots care network in the nation.
CarePortal is a technology platform that makes real-time care connections for churches to serve local children and families in crisis. It’s like the Uber of child welfare.
In coordination with the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services and front-line child welfare workers across the nation, CarePortal has developed a “Disaster Relief” platform for the COVID-19 crisis, designed for local roll-out and national scale to support 10,000+ activated churches.
This platform asks local churches these simple questions:
- If your congregation learned how to help a local Emergency Worker in need, would you take action?
- If your congregation learned how to help a local family suffering without food, would you take action?
- If your congregation learned how to help a local family at risk of losing their home, would you take action?
- If it was possible that specific needs in your own zip codes could come right to your in-boxes, to your mobile phones, real needs in real-time, would you want to see them?
The answer we are hearing from local churches of all types and stripes, across lines of denomination, race, and culture, is simple and strong: “YES.”
We have a coordinated national response of the Government. We need a coordinated local response of the Church. Community to community. Neighborhood to neighborhood. Family to family.
To our nations’ pastors and church leaders: you are being asked to lead this counter-surge of care, in the services of your neighbors and for the glory of God. Let’s meet the moment. Together.
If you are a “yes” in your local church for local emergency needs, please go to www.careportal.org to sign-up and get started.