The Regional Manager is a key position on the CarePortal team. This individual develops and maintains a network of churches in a specific geography referred to as a Region. The Manager’s primary focus is to facilitate training and support for church collaboration, agencies, and ministry partners in the region. This is done by developing and leading a CarePortal Team of community volunteers and church leaders/responders, facilitating relationships within the CarePortal Network and monitoring the CarePortal platform to encourage and facilitate meaningful connections. The Regional Manager is supported by the Area Director.
One would thrive in this role if (s)he is committed to Jesus and the Church, is highly relational, and has administrative gifts for managing relationships and processes. This individual should have a passion for the vulnerable child and for mobilizing churches and organizations to collaborate across denominational lines while partnering with child-serving agencies.
Competency | Skilled facilitator of community gatherings and meetings. Skilled communicator of information and invitation facilitating network growth. Technology proficient. Relationally connected and committed to follow through. Self-initiator able to work independently. Some experience presenting and teaching preferred.
Capacity | Actively engaged in a church and trusted by church leadership to serve in this role. Able to dedicate 20 to 40 hrs/week (PT/FT) in a flexible manner, working around meetings with the key players in the network.
Cross Network Training and Support
• Identify, develop and support Community Coordinators (approx. 1 Coordinator per 10 active churches).
• Empower and coach each Coordinator to form Active Communities & host regular gatherings.
• Host quarterly Regional Advisory Team gatherings.
• Expose partners to local & global child welfare training & connecting opportunities.
Platform Training and Support
• Support Ambassadors as they work directly with churches to engage, empower & equip congregations
• Facilitate technology and process training for Ambassadors, Coordinators and Network IP leadership
• Report issues and recommend enhancements to State Director.
Agency Training and Support
• Identify potential Requesting Agencies and facilitate agency enrollment
• Ongoing training and support of agency staff and leadership