In every community, the Church should be leading the way in partnering with local organizations, businesses, and families (Community Champions) across socioeconomic and denominational lines to care for those in crisis. CarePortal is a technology platform built to empower and connect a church-led network of caring responders to the children and families in crisis in their community through the agencies already working with those families.
The Community Coordinator is a volunteer position that contributes to the health and sustainability to each local CarePortal network. The individual serving in this role is given access to a CarePortal dashboard that is designed to help them build and maintain relationships with the ministry leaders and community champions who are part of an Active Community, which is defined by a group of specified zip codes. The Coordinator helps these partners collaborate more effectively by working closely with local network leaders (Regional Managers and Ambassadors) to plan and host regular Active Community Gatherings, which could include ranging and diverse topics, speakers, and attendees.
A person would love this role if he or she is committed to Jesus, enjoys managing relationships and processes, and has a passion for mobilizing others to serve vulnerable children and families in their local community.
Who is a Community Coordinator?
Competency | Proficient in email and Internet use. Comfortable facilitating meetings and extending invitations for people to join the CarePortal network. Effective in staying connected with people, following up, and working independently.
Capacity | Actively engaged in a church and trusted by church leadership to serve in this role. Well-respected by others. Able to dedicate 2 – 4 hours per week in performing this volunteer role.
What do Community Coordinators Do?
- Invite churches to join the CarePortal network & host regular Active Community Gatherings
- Proactively support ministry leaders in an Active Community through regular coaching and dialogue
- Collaborate with local Ambassador(s) and Regional Manager to engage, empower, & equip church pastors
- Help churches collaborate more effectively to meet needs across the spectrum of the Grid
- Participate in periodic regional meetings & work with Regional Manager to establish goals and identify gaps in the care of children and families in your community
- Assist Ambassadors and Regional Managers in training church Point People on how the CarePortal platform works
- Regularly review agency requests and church responses to look for opportunities to advocate and collaborate
- Occasionally log in to their CarePortal dashboard and ensure the information regarding their assigned Active Community is up to date
- Report issues and recommend enhancements to their Regional Manager