Churches in every community are already connected to networks, denominations, and organizations as they engage in ministry. These organizations are ideal Implementing Partners for the CarePortal platform, and within these organizations, there are leaders who are working to help churches and community leaders partner together to serve in their community to care for children and families in crisis. These leaders are ideal CarePortal Ambassadors, who serve as the leading relational ministry experts to churches and community champions in their own network. Ambassadors are supported by the leader within their organization serving as the Implementing Partner Admin, as well as Regional Managers (one per county), and the CarePortal Global Ministry Support team.
A person would love this role if God has given them a vision for seeing the Church answering the call for caring for the vulnerable and have a natural ability to network clergy and community leaders together.
Who is an Ambassador?
Calling | Someone would fit this profile if they are actively networking churches and organizations
together to enhance the care of children and families in the community, or if they are willing to do this
networking with some additional support, vision and training.
Capacity | Ambassadors are typically individuals who see engaging churches in CarePortal as a natural extension of what they already do, not a burdensome addition to their job description. They may be serving as pastors or ministry leaders, working for area non-profits, or are simply passionate advocates who have established credibility with churches.
What do Ambassadors do?
- Recruit new churches into their network and serve as the primary point of contact to help each church get activated on the CarePortal platform.
(Each church is assigned to one ambassador with the Implementing Partner they've signed up with.)
- Develop new community partnerships who want to partner with the Church to respond to local requests.
(This could include Community Champions who manage their own CarePortal account and respond to local churches to help with specific requests as well as Community Sponsors who seek to help the local Implementing Partner grow and fund their staff team to serve the network.)
- Engage and equip current churches and other responders to use the CarePortal platform to go deeper in their efforts and maturity as they work together to meet local requests.
(One measurable goal in connection with this work could be to increase the number and size of CarePortal response teams at each church.)
What is the workload commitment?
Workload is determined by the ministry the Ambassador is serving through and how many churches they are expected to recruit/support.
- <10 churches could be supported with excellence by a volunteer
- 10-25 churches may be supported with excellence by 10 additional hours per week
- 25-50 churches may be supported with excellence by 20-30 additional hours per week