If you are looking for a place to learn about Community Champions, their settings, and how to sign up new responders look no further! This article addresses all of those concerns. The Community Champion is the community leader who wants to make a difference. CarePortal allows these specified groups to activate on requests creating more space for the Gospel to be spread through the local church. Champion Admins have a special opportunity to lead their teams as they go into their communities to meet real time needs.
Community Champions (Admins & Team Leaders)
Included in This Article
- Your Dashboard
- Community Champion Settings
- Uploading Your Organization's Logo
- Creating a Response Team
- Response Team Settings
- Adding Individual Responders
- Upload List of Responders
- How to Add Money to Your Organization’s CarePortal Fund
- User Preferences
The dashboard is the primary page you will be sent to when you log into your account. Your dashboard shows an overview of your organization's CarePortal activity and impact. It also includes your organization's custom links which provide options such as the responder sign-up form, the organization's public site, and I-frame code to embed into your organization's website. The last part of the dashboard tab is a section with the main contacts for your organization.
Responder Sign-Up Form
Note: The Responder Sign-up Form (see image below) is one of two ways for responders to sign up. The other would be to contact the Team Leader or Champion Admin directly.
Each Champion is automatically given a public landing page for their organization. On this page you can:
- Donate to your organization's CarePortal Fund. Money donated here is collected in a fund available to your organization's leaders to use for responding to specific requests.
- Respond to needs associated with the connecting churches in your area or within the areas of critical needs that have been selected (see Community Champion Settings for further info).
- See quick statistics of the impact your organization has had through CarePortal.
Community Champion Settings
Each Community Champion has the capability to customize their own settings. You are able to edit and save your organization's information under the Settings tab.
- The Default Business/Response Team settings are available here as well as the option for email customizations when appropriate.
- By clicking on the "Show+" button next to Customize the Areas Your Team Serves, Champions have the option to select and deselect specific areas or Connecting Churches that they would like to work with. This means that they can select specific churches within their area to work with and/or can select from the list of Communities of Critical Need all over the nation.
- Finally, there is the ability to add or edit your organization's leaders. You can add a new leader by selecting the "+Add New Leader" button.
Uploading Your Organization's Logo
CarePortal allows you to have your logo prominent within the system and on all emails and public-facing pages. To upload a logo simply click on the "Settings" tab on the lefthand menu bar within the dashboard. Click on the "Choose File" button and upload your logo. Once you have selected your logo to upload be sure to click the "Save" button near the top right-hand side of the page.
Creating a Response Team
When you are logged in as the Champion Admin for your team you have the ability to add new response teams under the umbrella of your organization.
- To add a new team, navigate to the "Response Teams" tab in your dashboard
- Click on the "+ Add Response Team" button
- You will be taken to a new page that has preloaded the champion's address and zip code into the form. These can be changed as needed.
- Now you are able to add the leader(s) who will serve as the point person for this specific team, as well as the name of the response team.
- Make sure to click "Save" when you're done!
Response Team Settings
Once the new team is added the Champion Admin will be able to edit their team's settings as needed. The settings available for Response Teams to customize are nearly identical to what the Champion can set for the organization as a whole. In the settings, you are able to choose what area(s) you would like to help in. These settings are customizable for each individual Response Team. The Default Response Team settings will be in place if no further customizations are made for each individual response team that is created.
Adding Individual Responders
At the bottom of the settings tab is a space where Champion Admins and Team Leaders have the ability to add any other leaders as well as responders who will be a part of the team. To add a new Leader or Responder simply click on the "+Add New Leader button" in the upper left.
You can also navigate to the Responders tab in the Team Leader's dashboard to add responders individually or by a list.
Upload List of Responders
To add responders as a Champion Admin or Team Leader, navigate to the "Responders" tab in your dashboard. This page allows you to upload a list of responders, or add responders on an individual basis. If your organization does not yet have designated response teams every new responder will be added to your default response team.
If you choose to upload a list of responders a pop up menu will generate (see below):
This menu allows for you to upload a CSV list to add multiple people (you can download a sample file by clicking on the link). This process will not let you move on until you select the button that you have the consent of the responders to send them CarePortal messages. You will also have to select at least one response team to add the member(s) to. To save your work simply hit the "Create Responders" button.
Once you save your work the responder list will show each member's information, including which team/teams they are a part of:
If a responder ever wants to join another response team they can be added through the Edit button as long as their new team is within the same champion. The Edit button also allows for different Tier approvals, deactivation, and personal information to be updated.
If you are a Team Leader and are in the process of adding new responders to your group, the process is synonymous aside from the fact that you are only adding responders to your specific Response Team.
Your Champion’s CarePortal Fund
Every Champion has a CarePortal Fund, which enables streamlined fundraising that remains separate from the champion's internal accounts, budgets, or transaction processing costs.
How to Add Funds
Pre-loading your champion's CarePortal Fund can be a helpful strategy for many champions. There are three ways to pre-load your champion's CarePortal Fund:
- Public page: On your champion's public page, there is a button to donate to your CarePortal Fund.
- Transactions tab: On the Transactions tab, under the Request Management dropdown, there is a button to donate to your CarePortal Fund.
- Send a check by mail: When donating a higher amount, we recommend sending a check to avoid some of the processing fees. You can write a check made out to “The Global Orphan Project” and on the memo line write your Champion name + "Community Champion Account" (Example: Restoration Community Champion Account). Mail it to The Global Orphan Project (the address is 3161 Wyandotte St Kansas City, MO 64111).
Who Can Designate Funds
Pre-loading the fund makes it easy for Champion Admins and Team Leaders to designate those funds to specific CarePortal requests later. Once you've pre-loaded your champion's CarePortal Fund, a champion admin or team leader can designate those funds toward an open CarePortal request by selecting the champion's CarePortal Fund as the contribution source when responding.
If you prefer not to pre-load your CarePortal Fund, you can use a card to donate on an individual request. For more information on how to respond to a CarePortal request, click here!
User Preferences exist to help you organize how you receive notifications and information through the CarePortal Platform. You can access your User Preferences by clicking on your profile then "Manage Preferences". Here you can sign up to receive CarePortal Requests via Text Messages, choose to receive push notifications, emails, or text messages for different alerts within the system, or can choose to opt-out of any of the listed notifications. As always, remember to push the "Save" button at the bottom of the list when you are finished.
Is there a PPT for on-boarding a champion? Have yet to find one. I would also like a video with testimonies from Champions who have been doing this for a while (besides the football teams) so new champions can see what is possible. This article is very helpful. Thanks
Hey Angie, thanks for your comment! We have a help center article with introduction and orientation templates for Champions here: https://careportal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500008097361-Champion-Introduction-Orientation-Template-with-Additional-Resources
Thanks for your suggestion to get more champion testimonies, our team will look into that!
Please sign in to leave a comment.