On the First Tuesday of each month at 12:00pm CST, CarePortal offers all church and community members the chance to participate in a Virtual Cost of Poverty Experience. This is a simulation that puts its participants in the shoes of a real person living below the poverty line, giving them a chance to understand the pressure they have, the decisions they're forced to make, and the struggles that dominate each day of their lives.
This virtual event is sponsored by CarePortal and hosted by Virtual COPE's creator, Think Tank Inc in the Dayton, Ohio area. The event is free for those who register but there are a limited number of seats available.
If you're not involved in the CarePortal network but would like to participate in VCOPE, click here to learn more about Think Tank and other simulation opportunities.
Included in This Article
How Does it Work?
- Anyone can register to participate (first Tuesday of each month at 12:00pm CST)
- One and a half hour virtual experience, integrating simulation, online interaction, data and debriefing conversation
- Guided facilitation throughout, using Zoom
- Participants will make difficult decisions, work together with their assigned family “team” and try to complete their tasks for one simulated week
- Live debrief designed to turn insights into action
- Accommodates up to 50 participants at one time with the ability to add concurrent events
Why Virtual COPE?
COPE will help you and your team:
- Better understand poverty
- Learn from people making the journey out of poverty
- Become a change-maker in your organization or community
More information is available about Virtual COPE and Think Tank, Inc. using the button below, including information about how you can host additional Virtual COPE events for your own team and organization.
Local CarePortal Expert Resources
Click the button below to find additional helpful resources as a CarePortal Ambassador, Regional Manager, or Area Director. (You must be signed into Help Center with one of these roles to access these resources.)