This article answers the most commonly ask questions we receive regarding Care Circle. For further information click here to watch an in depth discussion around how Care Circle works.
Care Circle Members, CarePortal Users
This Article Answers:
- How much of my monthly gift goes to help kids?
- How are these at-risk children identified?
- What does a care connection do?
- Why are local churches involved?
- How often will I be updated about care connections that I help make happen?
- Can I give more than $15 a month?
- Are there ways to share this opportunity with my friends and family?
- What if I want to cancel?
- What is the CarePortal platform and what does it have to do with this?
- Does my donation fund specific needs?
1. How much of my monthly gift goes to help kids?
All of it. 100% of what’s given to Care Circle goes to the care of kids.
2. How are these at-risk children identified?
CarePortal requests are entered by caseworkers of public or private agencies who directly serve children involved in or at risk of entering the child welfare system. These caseworkers may work for government agencies, law enforcement agencies, school districts, churches, and more. Each request is made with the agreement of the family in need and is approved by an acting supervisor before any churches are notified.
3. What does a care connection do?
A care connection prevents many social issues from growing by:
- Stabilizing and strengthening a family at risk of breakdown
- Providing urgent resources to prevent a child from entering foster care
- Supporting a foster family or kinship placement caring for a child
- Safely reuniting a child with their biological family
- Preparing youth to successfully transition into adulthood
4. Why are local churches involved?
Churches can be found in every community all around the world. They are the boots on the ground that can deliver local care to children in need. Many churches are already providing care for children and families at risk in their community, and CarePortal supports those efforts enabling them to discover and respond to needs in real-time. There is no better deployment system to care for families than the local church.
5. How often will I be updated about care connections that I help make happen?
Through the CarePortal technology platform, you will be notified the moment a case is closed, signifying a care connection for a child has taken place. You will receive a real-time notification about your care connection via text or email, depending on your notification preferences. We will also send a monthly recap email that will cover anything that you might have missed in your dashboard.
6. Can I give more than $15 a month?
Yes, you can make a recurring monthly donation through your Care Circle membership of $15, $30, $45, $60, $75, or $90. If you ever want to change the amount of your recurring donation, you can do so in your preferences on your dashboard.
7. Are there ways to share this opportunity with my friends and family?
Not only have we made it very easy for you to share the good you’re doing through your membership with your friends and family, but when they sign up for Care Circle you will be able to see the good you are doing together. You will be able to see your personal impact and then the impact of those who have joined Care Circle through you. You’ll be amazed at the amount of good you and your friends can do to help at-risk children together!
8. What if I want to cancel?
You can cancel your membership at any time and you’ll still be able to go back to your dashboard to see the care connections that you helped make possible.
9. What is the CarePortal platform and what does it have to do with this?
CarePortal is a technology connecting platform that was launched by The Global Orphan Project in 2015. It allows child-serving organizations including child welfare agencies, law enforcement, school districts, churches, and more to input the needs of vulnerable children and families in the community. Local churches and community members are alerted of those needs and given a real-time opportunity to respond. Care Circle members support the resources required to build and strengthen those connections between children in crisis and caring people with the resources needed. Members allow care connections to happen in places where they haven’t before!
10. Does my donation fund specific needs?
Your monthly membership enables the needs of children and families in crisis to be discovered, shared, and met by community advocates through the cutting-edge platform, CarePortal. More specifically, Care Circle members support:
- The innovation, expansion, and support of the CarePortal platform
Funds ‘the bridge’ connecting those in need with those who can help
- The real-time distribution of carefully vetted needs required to care for vulnerable children and families
Allows more churches and community advocates to be informed and moved to serve
- Onboarding of new churches and community advocates to expand the ability to serve at-risk children and families
Enables staff to provide field training and ongoing support