When resources have been made available by the community, usually through a community champion or responder funding a specific item, Connecting Churches must commit and claim to take the lead on the request. This article includes step-by-step instructions for how to commit and claim these resources offered by the community.
Connecting Church Leaders
Included In This Article
Getting to the Commit & Claim Tab
- Connecting Church Leader(s) receive an email that there are resources available to commit and claim on a request
- The Connecting Church Leader clicks the 'Commit & Claim' button in the email
- The button will take you to the 'Commit & Claim Resources' section of the 'Leader Actions' tab on that specific request
- Connecting Church Leader logs in to their CarePortal Dashboard and goes to Requests Management > Requests
- Click the 'Open Requests Not Committed' badge (this filter shows requests that have been resourced, either partially or fully, but have not been committed and claimed by a Connecting Church yet)
- Find the request you want to commit and claim and click on the 'Leader Actions' tab, then the 'Commit & Claim Resources' section
How to Commit & Claim: Step-by-Step
- Commit and Claim Resources
- This step is confirming the resources you are committing to.
- Send a Message to Responders (Required)
- This step only shows when the community has provided item(s) for this request and is where you thank responders for their donations to help fulfill this request.
- Respond to Agency Worker (Required)
- There is a pre-filled response here. If you'd like, you can make changes or leave it as is. This will be sent to the Caseworker and posted publicly on the Responses tab of the request. Clicking 'Respond & Continue' officially commits and claims these resources, alerts the caseworker, and begins the process of transferring the funds to your CarePortal Card.
- Engage the Community (Optional)
- This step is an optional opportunity to write a personalized message to others in your community who may be able to provide additional resources to meet any remaining needs on this request.
- Thank Your Funders (Optional)
- This step only shows when the community has offered funding toward this request, as an opportunity to thank any responders that contributed funding. This message will be visible publicly on the Responses tab of the request.
You've successfully committed and claimed! Now you can expect an email confirmation, which will also include the Caseworker's contact information. You'll receive another email within one business day confirming that the funds are available on your CarePortal Card.
Please sign in to leave a comment.